July 2016: Postdoctoral Position Available
The position will focus on the in vivo electrophysiological characterization of genetically-defined neuronal populations in mouse models of mitochondrial disease. Research involves combining in vivo electrophysiological recordings with optogenetic stimulation and behavioral testing in mice.
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment in a up and growing lab and state-of-the-art facilities, providing an outstanding professional career opportunity.
- PhD in Biological sciences or related fields
- Candidates must have ample experience in in vivo extracellular electrophysiological recordings (i.e. tetrode recording) as well as analysis and processing of data (i.e. unit sorting)
- Accredited experience working with mice (accreditation from the Generalitat de Catalunya will be positively valued)
- Tetrode building and stereotaxic implantation
- Good programming skills (MATLAB, R)
Terms of employment
- Duration up to 4 years, salary supported by an ERC Starting Grant
- A competitve salary, adjusted according to experience
- Starting date (estimated): September-October 2016
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Albert Quintana
- A full CV including contact details.
- Three contacts for further references.
Please submit your application to Dr. Albert Quintana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline: September 30th 2016